Hello June! We’ve been looking forward to seeing you! (:
“Roll out those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer …” It’s time to slow down, kick back, and relax!
WONDERFUL SUMMER! ~ by Trenda
“It’s the beginning of another …
bare foot skipping,
iced tea sipping,
front porch sitting,
flip flop plopping,
pink nose glowing,
green grass mowing,
warm breeze blowing,
hot dog munching,
sunset blazing …
The days of June are marked off the calendar with the “procession” of different celebrations and “happenings.” Flag Day – June 14th … Father’s Day – June 18th … and the longest day of the year, Summer Solstice – June 21st. Keep the “red, white, and blue” decorations handy and get out those summer recipes and “Father’s Favorites!” Two of our favorite’s here at Cottage Green are … my recipe for Delicious BBQ Beans and Sand Pail Ice Cream
We love the smoky flavor of these “Delicious BBQ Beans” and the enhanced layer of flavor that the bell pepper adds! I also love that the beans are cooking in the crock pot while I’m away or I’m busy preparing other dishes.
Now, for some elegant DIY place cards that are easy to make that will add an “air” of sophistication to your “Father’s Day” table. If you’ve been following my blog for any length of time, you know I love “dressing” the table! One of the easiest ways to make your table festive and make every guest feel important is by adding place cards to your tablescape. I made these simple, but elegant place cards for a graduation party and they are perfect and serving “double-duty” … for our Father’s Day celebration!
Here are supplies needed to make these place cards:
I bought my miniature decorative tassels in the “Notions” section at Hobby Lobby (where the fabrics/buttons/ribbons are located). I also bought my place cards and my clear stamp pads at Hobby Lobby, in the stationery section.
- Punch a hole in upper left-hand corner of each place card, making sure you punch the hole through the front and back of the place card.
- Insert the opposite end of the tassel through the punched hole in the front of the card (insert, front to back) so that the tassel is in the front of the place card.
- Bring the looped end of cord over the top of the place card and insert (thread) the tassel through the corded opening and pull gently to secure the “tassel in place. Make sure the knot is not taut, so the tassel drapes loosely down the front of the place card. * (see photo below)
- Stamp the front of each place card with a filigree frame of your choice from your selection of clear stamp pads. Make sure you allow enough time for the ink to dry before handling.
- After ink has thoroughly dried, write each person’s name centered in the stamped frame.
*Close-up photo of #3 instructions:
I love the elegant and “man-ly” look of these place cards and can’t wait to show you how they look “gracing” our Father’s Day tablescape!
Now hang up your hammock, get out the ice cream maker, and drape your patio in party lights and “Roll out those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer … you’ll wish that summer could always be here.” ~ Nat King Cole
From my cottage to yours ~ Trenda
I’m delighted that you read my blog today! Please click on FOLLOW in the post above or on my site cottagegreenonthelake.com to have all posts delivered directly to your email address.
5 thoughts on “Hello June! … Delicious BBQ Beans & DIY Place Cards for Father’s Day”