Look who suddenly appeared, looking like he flew straight from the pages of Edgar Allan Poe’s poem and obligingly perched, right next to me. While I slowly reached for my phone, my mind began the recitation of these remembered words … “Once upon a midnight dreary, when I pondered, weak and weary …” .
I love decorating the table for any occasion and for HALLOWEEN … I use all kinds of “fol-der-ol and fid-dle-dy dee” to set the mood for a magical night that’s filled with possibilities and imagination! During these next 3 weeks, I have several fun projects that I am going to be sharing with you that will help you create your own “boo-tiful” Halloween tablescape! Today, I am going to show you how to make these spook-taular Halloween napkin rings!
- glue gun
- glittered spiders
- copper wire (10 yds/20gauge)
- beads (glass seed bead mix “Scream”)
- assorted ribbons matching beads (I used Halloween polka dot & spider ribbon)
- wire cutters
- needle nose pliers
Instructions: (see pictures below)
- Cut 4 pieces of copper wire, each approximately 12 inches long
- Lay the 4 lengths of wire together and pull the wires up and around your fingers to form a circle large enough for a napkin to be inserted into the opening.
- Twist where the wires cross at the top of the circle 1 or 2 times to secure the circle in place.
- Splay out the 8 wires above the now-formed wire circle.
- Begin threading beads, creating your own color pattern.
- Leave enough wire at the top exposed to bend the wire with your needle nose pliers, forming a small closed loop to secure the beads in place.
- After each wire is filled with beads and the wire is crimped, wrap the beaded wire around your little finger to “coil” your wire.
- Remove your finger and bend each of the 8 coiled “legs” into desired shape.
- Using your hot glue gun, place a small amount of glue on your ribbon and begin wrapping the copper circle.
- Continue wrapping until the entire wire circle (the napkin ring) is covered with ribbon.
- Cut the ribbon and hot glue in place, at the top of the napkin ring. Shape and adjust beaded “legs” how you like them, then hot glue on glittery spider.
Just look what a glitzy napkin ring this makes … perfect for all things “outlandish” for Halloween!
Pumpkin patch and harmless spiders …
Even just stacked in a pedestal votive cup “the eensy, weensy, spiders …” look frighteningly festive!
“Candy-Coated Ghost Peeps” click here for instructions
Little Ghost “Peeps” wearing “coats of chocolate” adorned with sprinkles and non-pareil’s make charming favors to take home or tuck into Halloween bags.
Click on the links below for all things “HALLOWEEN”
… DIY “Jolly Jack-o-Lantern” Halloween Wreath
Have fun getting your home ready and making these Halloween napkin rings! Before you know it, while your nodding … “nearly napping, suddenly” there will be “a tapping, as of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door” … shouting “Trick or Treat! (:
From my cottage to yours ~ Trenda
Thank you for taking some time to read my blog today! To have all my posts delivered directly to your email address, just click FOLLOW in the post above … or click on my site: cottagegreenonthelake.com
This week I’m joining Courtney with Feathered Nest Friday
Chloe Crabtree at Celebrate & Decorate
All the supplies I used for making these Halloween napkin rings were bought from Hobby Lobby.