It’s that cozy time of year, again…time for stocking caps and mittens…time for steamy cups of cocoa…and time for sitting around the fire, toasting s’mores!
If you’ve been reading my blog for a while, you know I love making and having favors every time “our gang” is all here. Since the fire pit is one of our favorite spots to gather in the cooler months, these s’more packets were a perfect fireside giveaway.
I made a whole tray of them for our first bonfire of the season.
And…I made another whole tray of s’mores for our New Year’s Eve celebration. “Our gang” our kids, grand kids, sister, and brother in law were all here for the last celebration and evening of the year. It was a balmy evening, and the perfect evening for the festivities we had planned…a wiener roast…another Family Corn Hole Tournament with red, white, and blue ribbons with York Peppermint Patties dangling, like medals from the ribbons to be awarded and worn around the necks of the 1st and 2nd place winners (future DIY on making this fun award to give out when you’re having family or friends over and playing games)…watching the fireworks around the lake…and sitting around the fire pit popping campfire popcorn, and making s’mores.
Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year. He is rich who owns the day, and no one owns the day who allows it to be invaded with fret and anxiety. Finish every day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities, no doubt crept in. Forget them as soon as you can, tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely, with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense. This new day is too dear, with its hopes and invitations, to waste a moment on the yesterdays. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
This fireside favors are so convenient; all the ingredients for making s’mores are in one packet “ready and waiting” to be passed out around the fire. (:
- cellophane bags (I bought mine at Michael’s)
- S’more tags (free printable – click here for link)
- Card stock paper for making round tags
- Scissors (I used my Recollection die cut to make my round tags, but you can trace around the base of a juice glass, then cut out the traced circle to make your tag)
- hole punch
- stamp pad (I used Ranger Ink Pad “Vintage Photo”)
- sponge blending tool (for “distressing” tags and reinforcements)
- stamp images (I used forest themed stamps…acorn, tree, leaf, and owl stamps)
- Each bag is filled with: 2 Fun sized Hershey bars or half of a regular size Hershey bar, 1 large marshmallow (I used special Vanilla S’more marshmallows, available in grocery stores), 1 graham cracker sheet, broken in half
- Cut round tags from Cardstock and print free s’more printable tag (click here)
- Stamp each circle with different images of your choice (I used woodland themed images…acorn, leaf, owl, and tree)
- Distress reinforcements to make them look more rustic (I used a blending tool and Ranger Ink Pad “Vintage Photo”)
- Cut out labels and punch holes in the s’more labels and round tags, then add the distressed reinforcement on either side of the hole punch
- In each cellophane bag, slip both halves of 1 graham cracker sheet, 2 fun sized Hershey chocolate bars or half of a regular sized Hershey bar, and 1 Vanilla S’more or 1 large size marshmallow
- When bag is filled, tie each bag with 12″ length of twine or ribbon
- Close bag with twine and tie twine into a simple knot
- Slip a woodland tag and S’more tag onto the knotted twine
- Tie twine into a bow, over the tags
- Stack S’more favor bags into basket, tray, or bowl…ready for handing out!
Hope you try these sweet little treats next time your planning an evening out by the fire. Click on the following links to see The Gang’s All Here” #1 of the Series and Mini Tackle Box Favors – #2 of the Series “The Gang’s All Here”
From my cottage to yours ~ Trenda
Follow me on Pinterest:
I am delighted you read my blog today and I’d love to hear from you! Please leave any questions or comments you have in the comment section below. Don’t be dismayed if you don’t see your comment immediately after you write. All comments go through Word Press and have to be approved before posting. If you would like to read each new post I write and have it delivered directly to your email address, just click FOLLOW in my post above and follow the prompts.
11 thoughts on “Making Fun S’more Favor Packs #3 of the Series “The Gang’s All Here””
Hi dearest of dear husband’s!
You surprised me!
The s’mores were delicious…and they were so cute in their packages, so convenient to grab and to assemble for toasting .
Didn’t we have a wonderful time with all our kids and grand kids with us, bringing in the new year?
Spending life with you makes every year grand.
❤ Your Trenda
It was a fun night we’ll always remember, Bobby. Everything was perfect…the kindred spirits and the weather. We never even needed to put on any jackets, and we stayed outside from 5:00 until almost 1:00 am!
Trenda , as always your blogs are the greatest and so enjoyable to read!! You have a wonderful way for us all to make wonderful memories with our families and have so much fun with them. The simple things, playing games, wiener roasts, drinking hot chocolate and making s’mores around a camp fire are the things families need to go more of!! The pictures of the sunset were breathtaking !! Can’t wait to see your next blog. Much love to you, Pat
Dear Pat, thank you so much for your sweet words. What you said about my blog is one of reason’s I began writing, “Cottage Green on the Lake.” I wanted to write and share our family life and times “down on Cedar Creek Lake.” (:
Oh, that sunset was spectacular and set the lake aglow! Isn’t God a magnificent artist!?? ❤ Trenda
You are so very blessed & gifted, & have a wonderfully rich life!! What a fun evening.
The enemy may have tried often to bring trouble & destruction, but Yahweh is a restorer & beyond. So happy for your family unity, gatherings, & love. You deserve it all! 😘❤ Love you sweet friend
‘Those who sow in tears
shall reap with SHOUTS OF JOY!’
Hi my golden friend!
What a delight it was to see you had commented on my blog. Thank you for your “honeycomb words.” ❤
There have been many health problems in the last 2 years, with more challenges ahead, but, "The Lord has been mindful of us." Psalm 115:12…throughout, and blessed us over and over.
It was a fun, fun evening and the "gala event" and highlight of a wonderful Christmas season shared together.
Love you! ❤ Trenda
I’m just now reading your blog and my mouth is watering for a s’mores!!! Wish I could have been there !!! Lots of fun of fellowship
Having you here would have made everything even more perfect!
Someday soon! ❤ Trenda