Here’s one last quick and fun Halloween project that you’ll have time to finish, before you hear the doorbell ring, signaling the arrival of your first trick or treaters!
The little bat screamed out in fright, ‘Turn on the dark…I’m afraid of the light.’Shel Silverstein
This super easy and cute Spider Treat Stand comes together in 15 minutes, or less, and only cost $3.75 plus tax to make!
We already had Gorilla Glue, so I only needed to buy 3 items to complete this project. I found this webbed spider bowl, a black plate, and a package of glittery spiders, all from the Dollar Tree.
Supplies Needed for Eensy, Weensy Spider Treat Stand:
- plastic spider web basket with spiders (I found mine at Dollar Tree)
- plate to match color of basket
- Glittery spiders
- Gorilla Glue
- Cover table with wax paper or other covering to protect work surface from glue
- Turn plate upside down on work surface
- Turn basket upside down and apply Gorilla Glue to the center of the spider basket and edges where it will touch the plate
- Press glued surfaces of basket onto the bottom of the plate
- Allow a few minutes for basket and plate to adhere before gently moving (I turned my plate over within 15 minutes, and placed the cookies on the treat stand that same evening. However, the instructions on the Gorilla Glue bottle say, glued item needs 24 hours to totally cure)
- Place glittery spiders around the circumference of the basket. The spiders legs fit perfectly into the webs of the basket, and can be positioned so they fit tightly, without using glue. I didn’t glue my spiders in place so I could remove them when I wash my plate. I was concerned the glitter might wash off the backs of the spiders, if they were left on during washing.
- Allow glue to completely dry before using
“Double, double toil and trouble; fire burn and caldron bubble.”William Shakespeare ~ from MacBeth
I love these DIY spider napkin rings, they are so unique and fun! They are still one of my favorite DIY projects to-date…and they fit in perfectly with our Eensy, Weensy Spider Theme.
Eensy, Weensy Spider Treat Stand and Beaded Spider Napkin Rings (click here for DIY and instructions
“Shadows mutter, mist replies; darkness purrs as midnight sighs.”Rusty Fischer
Hope your day and night are filled with fun surprises and delicious delights!
From my cottage to yours ~ Trenda
I’d love to hear from you! Please leave any questions or comments you have in the comment section below. If you would like to read each new post I write and have it delivered directly to your email address, just click FOLLOW in my post above and follow the prompts.
Follow me on Pinterest: Trenda@cottagegreenonthelake.com
on Twitter: Trenda@4theseasons
on Instagram: cottagegreenonthelake.com