It’s almost time for our porch to be filled with ‘little feet’ and I always enjoy making special treats for everyone that ‘calls out, “Trick or Treat!” These cute Halloween favors are fun to make and should cause all your little ghosts and goblins to break out in toothy grins that would rival any jack-o-lantern! (:
- Treat bags
- Roll of “Cling Ons” (*picture below) assorted holiday trims w/self-adhesive backs on a spool
- Black tulle
- Assorted Halloween ribbons
- tag punch or a package of plain tags
- standard hole puncher
- Assorted Halloween stamps
- alphabet stamps or black marker for lettering
- black ink pad
Recollection tag punch and Halloween stamps …
- If you are making your own tags, punch out gift tags using a die-cut punch or use a pattern to trace a tag for your treat bag. I used a Recollection punch for my smaller tag and I traced a pattern out to make my larger tags. Each of my treat bags had 2 tags; a larger white tag and a smaller orange tag.
- Stamp or write the words or design on your tags. I stamped the word “BOO!” on each of my smaller, orange tags and I stamped “Happy Halloween” on the larger tag.
3. Choose the trim *(“Cling On”) that you want to decorate your bag. I used a different trim for each treat bag.
4. Adhere the trim to the top of your favor bag. Begin on the side so the final cut and matched ends will not show.
5. Cut a 9″ length of tulle and a 8″ length of Halloween ribbon. Place the tulle and the ribbon together.
6. Slip both stamped tags onto the tulle and the ribbon (the larger tag beneath the smaller tag.)
7. Tie the tulle and ribbon into a simple knot on the left, front handle of the treat bag.
8. Stuff treat bags with Halloween candy and favors.
I had fun stuffing my treat bags with Halloween candy, “Boo” notepads, pencils, and erasers, bubbles, playing cards, and stickers. For more treats (click here for “No Tricks just Treats”)
“Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.” Matthew 5:16
From my cottage to yours ~ Trenda
Thank you for taking some time to read my blog today! To have all my posts delivered directly to your email address, just click FOLLOW in my post above … or click on my site: cottagegreenonthelake.com
FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST!