It was a wonderful, made in heaven, one-of-a-kind, perfect day, from the dawn’s early light to the twilight’s last gleaming.
Hail, hail, the gang's all here,
Never mind the weather, here we are together;
Hail, hail, the gang's all here,
Sure we're glad that you're here, too!
Hello my sweet friends! So much has happened and so much time has passed since I last wrote you. Even though you didn’t know exactly what was going on, I can never thank you enough for the cards and notes you sent to me. ❤ Each time I read that you missed reading my posts…you hoped everything was all right…or that you were praying for me, meant so much to me and brightened my day. I’ll try to catch you up in this post of “what’s been going on”…then I have a darling “mock” tackle box to show you that is filled with gummy worms…Trolli frogs…Swedish Fish…and Sour Brite Crawlers. It’s a cute and whimsical favor to pass out after a summer day spent together with your family or friends.
Continue reading “Mini Tackle Box Favors – #2 of the Series “The Gang’s All Here””
With the Super Bowl only a week away, I’ve been making finger foods and snacks to see which will “make the final cut” for this last football game of the season. Here are two delicious recipes, one savory and one sweet, that will “score” with your family and friends. Pass Interference Pinwheels made with bacon, cheddar and cream cheese, topped with Salsa Verde and Peanut Cluster Blitz a decadent candy made with 3 chocolates … semi-sweet, milk chocolate and white chocolate. You’ll love how quick and easy this candy recipe is to make … in a crock pot!
Pass Interference Pinwheels with Salsa Verde …
- 1 can Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 10 pieces of bacon cooked and crumbled
- 4 oz softened cream cheese (Tip: How to soften Cream Cheese – place unwrapped pkg. of cream cheese in microwaveable bowl. Microwave on high for 10 seconds; repeat if necessary, until softened.)
- 1 cup shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese (plus extra for topping)
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- 1/2 cup Salsa Verde – or more according to taste! (Salsa Verde is found on the same aisle as other Mexican hot sauces/salsas)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unroll crescent rolls on parchment paper or foil covered cookie sheet and press perforated seams together to make one sheet of dough.
- Spread softened cream cheese over entire sheet of dough.
- Sprinkle grated cheese, bacon, green onion and Salsa Verde over entire surface, and roll up dough, lengthwise.
- Cut into 3/4″ slices and place 2″ apart on parchment paper or foil lined cookie sheet.
- Top with additional cheese, if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees, for 12-17 minutes, or until edges are deep golden brown.
- Cool slightly before removing and serving.
Peanut Cluster Blitz …
- 1 16 oz jar of dry roasted peanuts with salt
- 1-12 oz pkg of semi-sweet chocolate morsels (I used Ghiradelli)
- 1-1 lb.8 oz block of chocolate flavored almond bark (I used Plymouth Pantry)
- 1-12 oz pkg of white chocolate (I used Wilton Candy Melts)
- Lightly spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Put in the peanuts first, then add all the chocolates.
- Cook on low for 1 hour.
- Stir, bake 1 more hour.
- Spoon out candy on parchment paper or wax paper.
- Cool, until hardened (mine were firm enough to place on serving dish in less than 1 hour)
Regardless of the team you’re cheering for, or if your favorite team didn’t make it to the Super Bowl … I know you’ll enjoy these easy and delicious snacks! Hope you have a “super” Game Day!
From my cottage to yours ~ Trenda