Autumn, sunshine and al fresco dining are, like the song says … “a few of my favorite things!” Yesterday was a beautiful autumn day with a light breeze that “ruffled” the lake and teasingly tugged at the chimes taunting us for staying inside. By noon, we happily “gave in” and I made lunch and served it “al fresco” on the deck.
And for lunch …
Caramel & Toffee Cream Cheese Dessert Dip is delicious and takes longer to say, than it does to fix! You’ll love how easy it is to “assemble” and the autumn flavors are perfect for afternoons snacks or unexpected guests! (:
Caramel & Toffee Cream Cheese Dessert Dip
- 1 block (8oz) cream cheese
- Caramel Ice Cream Topping
- Toffee bits or chocolate covered toffee bits
- Unwrap and place entire block of cream cheese onto a plate.
- Spoon enough caramel ice cream topping over the cream cheese to cover and “pool” around the base of the cream cheese.
- Sprinkle toffee bits liberally over the caramel topping.
- Slice apples, brush sides with lime or lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Arrange apples around dessert dip.
Apples on embossed leaf plates and miniature pumpkins sit atop silver chargers and a reed woven basket.
Rugged, textured tabletop with autumn leafed runner and DIY Autumn Napkin Rings
Tuscan Tomato Soup … another easy and delicious recipe I’ll include in another blog. (:
“All things are ready” … Buon appetito! (:
“Apples of gold, in pictures of silver … “
From my cottage to yours ~ Trenda
Thank you for taking some time to read my blog today! To have all my posts delivered directly to your email address, just click FOLLOW in my post above … or click on my site: cottagegreenonthelake.com
FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST! … Trenda@cottagegreenonthelake.com
Green leaf embossed plates – Pier 1 (several years ago)
Sage green napkins – Kirkland’s (available during the Christmas season)
Soup spoons – Oneida, Louisiana pattern
This week I’m joining Marie-Helene with Kingsbury Brook Farm